So many celeys. So many joyous moments. So much flow. I can’t even describe the feelings.
Part of me feels sad, because the whole crew is not back this year, lest half of it. I feel like part of the team is lost with the trades made. I feel like it could be a while until I feel an attachment that rivals the attachment I had to the team of the previous few years. I watched them grow and develop as a team. I watched them through the hard times, through the good times. I felt a connection with every player. I felt like I knew them personally, and I know my friends and family felt the same way. We will miss you Burish. We will miss you Byfuglien. We will miss you Ladd, Versteeg, Sopel, Madden, Eager, Fraser, and Niemi. You will always be remembered in our hearts as true Hawks.
I remember watching the playoffs as if it was yesterday and I remember the parade as if I’m still recovering from that glorious day. I feel proud that I can truly call myself a faithful, life-long Hawk’s fan, not one of the posers or fair-weather fans.
Despite all the nostalgic feelings, many of which I cannot begin to express in words, I feel a sense of wholeness, a sense of warmth seep into my body as puck returns to the mainstage. Yes, we broke up a family, got rid of some players, but we also gained a new core of young players. Skille. Dowell. Pisani. Leddy, who I watched play his final High School game. There is light at the end of the offseason tunnel. Yes, we got rid of Niemi, but we gained an all-star in the process: Turco. No matter what Niemi goes through, he will always think of himself as a Hawk.
So, to the glorious times in the past, to the great times in the future. To the tear-jerking moments in SRO, to lighting up the parking lot after a playoff win. To the long-time fans, to the new-comers. To the sick celeys, to the sick dangles. To the snipes, to the hits. To “Detroit Sucks!”, to “Fuck the Canucks!” To the young, to the old. To the Winter Classic, to the time we were the only people who cared about the Boys. To streaking after Kaner’s Winner, to screaming till we were hoarse. To the Drought, to the Cup. To everything we love about puck. The Boys are back, life now has a purpose again.
If you flunked a test, messed up an interview, or broke up with your GF, there’s no need to worry. The Hawks are back.
So grab your sticks, grab your sweaters, grab your gloves. Grab a seat, grab the boys. Blast Chelsea Dagger. It’s time.
Strap in, buckle up, get jacked.
It’s a brand new season.
The Hawks.
Are back.
LETS GO HAWKS!!
Related Articles
- Chicago Blackhawks: Remembering the Departed Champions (bleacherreport.com)
- A new season, a new blogmeister, but same old championship run for Blackhawks (chicagonow.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment